Certified: SERVPRO® Cleaned Program
Certified: SERVPRO® Cleaned sign on window
The Certified: SERVPRO® Cleaned program is centered around the three C's- Consult, Clean, and Certify.
We will meet with the property owner to evaluate current cleaning processes, and propose additional services that SERVPRO® of Alamo Ranch can offer to minimize the potential transmission of COVID-19. We will also discuss how frequently these services should occur. Higher frequency service is recommended for businesses with high traffic and an inability to implement health screening of people entering the business.
Standard services focus on cleaning and disinfectant application to limit the emergence of viral pathogens. This may include disinfectant application to frequently contacted touch points such as doorknobs, light switches, countertops, keyboards, and desks to minimize the potential transmission of COVID-19.
Enhanced services build upon standard services by adding cleaning and disinfectant application to less frequently contacted touch points. This would be implemented in the case of having a person that tests positive for COVID-19 or a person that may be exhibiting symptoms of the virus.
A Certified: SERVPRO® Cleaned window cling with the last date serviced or a table tent would be placed at the site letting the people that enter your building know that your building has been cleaned by the professionals at SERVPRO® of Alamo Ranch. For more information, call us at 210-670-9591.
Fireworks Safety Tips!
The Fourth of July is rapidly approaching. SERVPRO of Alamo Ranch wants you to be aware of the inherent dangers of fireworks.
Remember, fireworks can be dangerous, causing serious burn and eye injuries.
Check your local ordinances before using fireworks.
Follow these safety tips when using fireworks:
- Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Avoid buying fireworks that are packaged in brown paper because this is often a sign that the fireworks were made for professional displays and that they could pose a danger to consumers.
- Always have an adult supervise fireworks activities. Parents don't realize that young children suffer injuries from sparklers. Sparklers burn at temperatures of about 2,000 degrees - hot enough to melt some metals.
- Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse. Back up to a safe distance immediately after lighting fireworks.
- Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not ignited fully.
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
- Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose handy in case of fire or other mishap.
- Light fireworks one at a time, then move back quickly.
- Never carry fireworks in a pocket or shoot them off in metal or glass containers.
- After fireworks complete their burning, douse the spent device with plenty of water from a bucket or hose before discarding it to prevent a trash fire.
- Make sure fireworks are legal in your area before buying or using them.
- Source: cpsc.gov
Not all 4th of July Celebrations are canceled
Watching fireworks from the beach
SAN ANTONIO – Despite a pandemic, not all Fourth of July fireworks celebrations have been canceled in 2020, but masks and hand sanitizer will most likely make appearances at each socially distanced party.
New Braunfels and Schertz officials said they will not host central gatherings but are encouraging people to watch the cities’ fireworks displays from their homes or other locations that make social distancing possible.
In San Antonio, Six Flags Fiesta Texas is still planning on holding a fireworks display, as the park will reopen on Friday, June 19.
San Antonio’s 4th of July celebration at Woodlawn Lake Park canceled due to COVID-19
Here are the latest plans for fireworks display around San Antonio and New Braunfels for July 4. This list will be updated as plans are added or canceled.
Helotes has canceled its celebration that was planned for July 3 at the grounds of City Hall. The city’s website states the festivities typically gather more than 1,000 people.
“Our team remains committed to the health and safety of all residents and visitors. Unfortunately, we do not have enough space at City Hall to accommodate such a large event with the implementation of adequate social distancing measures. We look forward to welcoming everyone back next year for the 2021 celebration,” City Administrator Marian Mendoza said.
The city has canceled its 26th annual Fourth of July events including the annual parade, fireworks, and the Leon Valley Historical Society’s Pioneer Firecracker 5K Morning Run.
The annual Fourth of July Parade in New Braunfels has been canceled t his year, but you’ll still be able to enjoy the city’s annual fireworks spectacular which will take to the skies over Landa Park as planned.
No 4th of July parade in New Braunfels this year, but here’s how to watch the fireworks
Officials said residents that want to watch the fireworks can do so from these locations:
- Landa Park
- Fredericksburg Fields
- Landa Park Golf Course
- Fischer Park
- The parking lots of Oakwood Church and the Westpointe Village shopping center
The annual Fourth of July Celebration and fireworks show at Woodlawn Lake Park has been canceled this year out of an abundance of caution, city officials said Tuesday.
San Antonio’s 4th of July celebration at Woodlawn Lake Park canceled due to COVID-19
The celebration is a city of San Antonio-sanctioned event.
City parks and trails will remain open over the holiday weekend and social distancing is encouraged.
The city’s SummerFest, which includes fireworks and a concert, has been postponed due to the pandemic.
“Staff will continue to discuss and monitor the situation to determine when the celebration can be rescheduled,” the city said in a news release.
The San Marcos River and city parks will remain open during the holiday weekend but city officials encourage visitors to take safety precautions.
The city says this year’s celebration “will be like no other in recent years."
Schertz is encouraging families to stay home and picnic in their own backyards, and then find a spot near their houses to watch the fireworks display.
Fireworks will be held at Hilltop Park, Schertz Soccer Complex and Rhine Valley Park and will start around 9:15 p.m.
City leaders and departments will also have a parade throughout neighborhood streets.
More details about time and route will be released at a later time. For more information, click here.
Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Fiesta Texas, which will reopen on Friday, will have fireworks from July 3-5, according to a park spokesperson.
The fireworks will immediately follow the show “Rock the Night,” which begins at 9:15 p.m.
Source: KSAT 12 News
Who is the IICRC and what is their function?
WE at SERVPRO of Alamo Ranch are an IICRC certified firm. We use the term IICRC in reference to a host of certifications, so who is the IICRC?
The IICRC is the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification, a non-profit organization for the cleaning and restoration industry.
The IICRC is managed by its Board of Directors which is comprised of 15 industry leaders elected by the IICRC's Shareholders. The Board of Directors function is to represent the various interests of the Registrants while leading the direction of the organization. The Board of Directors meet four times a year and is tasked with the responsibility of helping shape future policies of the organization and uphold the standards that help shape the industry. The following are the Values of the organization.
* Respect- We will treat everyone we encounter in our interactions through the IICRC in the same manner we would wish to be treated.
* Responsible- We will work to assure that the obligations and stated goals of the IICRC are met in a timely fashion.
* Integrity- We will establish and maintain a culture characterized by honesty, high values and exceptional standards of conduct.
* Excellence- We will accept nothing less than the best in leadership, quality and service.
* Expert- We will continue to build the IICRC's reputation as the leading authority and source of professional knowledge in the industry.
If you have any questions about our services or our IICRC trained technicians, please call us at 210-670-9591.
The Travelers Championship of the PGA Tour
Golf hole with pond
PGA Professional and SERVPRO Ambassador Brandt Snedeker will be back in action this week!
Brandt is competing in the Travelers Championship of the PGA TOUR, beginning on June 25, 2020.
He tees off from Hole 10 at 6:15 a.m./central. If you can't tune in to watch it live, don't worry. To get updates about his performance, "watch" the Travelers Championship page of the Snedeker Tracker.
SERVPRO® of Alamo Ranch wishes Brandt good luck in the tournament.
Hopefully the PGA will be able to open the course up to spectators soon. In the mean time, call SERVPRO® of Alamo Ranch at 210-670-9591 to ask us about our new Certified SERVPRO® Clean program. Please stay safe and we hope to hear from you soon.
We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Alamo Ranch at 210-670-9591.
U.S.A. Flags in cemetery
The owners and staff at SERVPRO® of Alamo Ranch would like to take this time to honor the men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country.
Although we are still seeing some shutdown orders in different areas, we still need to be mindful of these heroes. We may not be able to congregate or visit with others in celebration of their sacrifices, but we will always remember them.
A national moment of remembrance will take place at 3:00 P.M. local time.
After World War 1, Memorial Day expanded to honor all those that have died in all American Wars.In 1971, Memorial Day became a national holiday by an act of Congress; it is now celebrated annually on the last Monday inMay.
We hope that your Memorial Day is filled with quality family time. If you have an needs for water or fire emergencies, please call SERVPRO® of Alamo Ranch at 210-670-9591.
SERVPRO® green van in front of home
Today we will discuss some of the services offered by SERVPRO® of Alamo Ranch and most importantly cleaning and protecting your most valuable asset, your home.
Air Duct and HVAC Cleaning
SERVPRO® of Alamo Ranch can inspect your HVAC system and ductwork. Cleaning services can be provided to help restore peak energy efficiency, eliminate offensive odors and improve indoor air quality.
Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaning and Care
SERVPRO® of Alamo Ranch uses the latest IICRC training as well as state of the art equipment to remove entrapped soils from deep within your carpet's pile and backings.
Odor Identification and Deodorization
SERVPRO® of Alamo Ranch will find the source of the odor and determine the best methods to neutralize and eliminate the odor from your home.
Mold Mitigation and Remediation
SERVPRO® of Alamo Ranch is a licensed Mold Remediation Company with a Licensed Mold Remediation Contractor on staff. We work to control and remove mold contaminants while protecting the health and safety of building occupants.
If you are in need of these services and many more, Please call SERVPRO® of Alamo Ranch at 210-670-9591 for assistance. We are always here to help!
Source: Residential Services Pamphlet #45002
New Executive Order from Governor Abbot: Open Texas Guidance May 6, 2020
New Executive Order from Governor Abbot: Open Texas Guidance May 6, 2020 The Governor held a press conference yesterday to provide a Texas COVID-19 Response Update. You may access his new Executive Order GA–21 here. GA-21 supersedes GA-18 issued April 27, and remains in in effect through May 19. Revised checklists dated May 5 for essential and reopened businesses may be found here. Clarifications of Existing Executive Orders
- Funerals, memorials, burials, and weddings are all treated the same as church services with limited seating arrangements. For wedding receptions, look at the standards for restaurants and comply with those standards. At-risk population is encouraged to participate remotely. If attending, organizer should consider designating an area for at-risk population.
- Beaches, lakes, rivers, and river rafting – These outdoor settings are subject to the same standards that apply to parks.
- Restaurants – The 25% occupancy limit applies only to indoor seating. There are no capacity limitations on outdoor seating, although the social distancing standards apply.
Additional Businesses Will be Permitted to Reopen Effective May 8
- Cosmetology salons, barbershops, hair salons, nail salons, and tanning salons may reopen. Both customers and stylists should wear face masks, and the Governor said detailed standards on social distancing will be provided.
Permitted to Reopen Effective May 18
- Gyms may reopen at 25% capacity, although showers and locker rooms must remain closed. The Governor said that detailed standards on social distancing and sanitation will be provided.
- Non-essential manufacturing facilities may reopen. Nonessential manufacturers should limit occupancy to 25%, stagger their workforce and maintain social distancing.
- Businesses located in office buildings may reopen up to the greater of (a) 5 employees, or (b) 25% of the workforce, provided employees maintain social distancing.
Bars must still remain closed until social distancing strategies can be developed.All of us at SERVPRO® of Alamo Ranch urge you to stay safe and follow the rules. If you need us for any reason, please call us at 210-670-9591
Stack of books in small shop.
At SERVPRO® of Alamo Ranch, we encounter hoarding in several different ways. Often we are called for a fire or water loss and find the hoarding situation when we arrive on site. We will then communicate with the insurance company regarding the clients contents coverage, and after approval, contents can be packed out and possibly cleaned, dried, and stored or relocated to a storage facility so work on the fire or water loss can begin.
Another way we encounter hoarding jobs is through calls from landlords, case workers, real estate agents, or family members, often after the death of a loved one. In these situations, the crew will see if they should look for any items of importance while they clean the job. Sometimes family members will come and try to help the hoarder sort through their contents as well.
Each case is very different, and hoarding jobs are often sensitive situations. If you have any issues with hoarding, please call SERVPRO® of Alamo Ranch at 210-670-9591. Here to make it "Like it never even happened."
Source: Restoration Newsline Volume 31, Issue 4