“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
SERVPRO of Alamo Ranch is a licensed Mold Remediation Company and has a licensed Mold Remediation Contractor on staff. We have the training and expertise to remediate the mold in your home or business. Mold remediation is the removal, cleaning, sanitizing, demolition or other treatment, preventive activities, such as applying biocides and antimicrobial compounds.
Since microscopic mold spores exist naturally everywhere, indoors and outdoors, removing all mold from a home or business is impossible. Many restoration companies advertise "mold removal" and even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy. SERVPRO of Alamo Ranch will guide you through the process of getting your home healthy again after the discovery of mold.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (210) 670-9591
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (210) 670-9591
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Alamo Ranch is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2000 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.