Power Strip - Fire Hazard!
SERVPRO of Alamo Ranch would like to remind everyone of the potential dangers of using power strips. Power strips have become a necessity in the world we live in. Everything runs on electricity and we just plug it in and let it go never realizing how many amps or the load that the power strip can handle.
At this time of the year with the temperatures dropping, some may want to use their small space heaters. If so, DO NOT plug them into a power strip. These devices are not designed to handle the energy load of a space heater and can overheat causing a fire hazard. Plug these devices directly into the wall outlet and never leave it on while nobody is at home.
Have a safe and happy holiday season.