SERVPRO cleans that?! - Skunk Deodorization
Being sprayed by a skunk is bad enough. But you probably know already how to help with that. Take a bath in tomato sauce, right? Easy enough, if more than a little stinky. But what happens when a skunk sprays inside your home? While there’s a small chance covering your furniture in tomato sauce may help, I don’t even want to think about the clean-up for that. There’s a better way to get it taken care of. How? Call SERVPRO! Here’s how we’d do it.
- First, the technician will locate and remove the source (in this case, the smell left behind by an adorable, though very smelly skunk)
- Then, they will ventilate the area using air movers or box fans
- After that, they will prepare a special chemical called “331N Bio Odor Neutralizer”, and apply it to the affected area with a ULV Misting Device
- They’ll make sure that all doors and windows are closed and then mist the solution throughout the entire structure.
- After the structure is allowed to dwell for 16-24 hours, the technician will return and ventilate the area thoroughly, making sure the odor is gone, and replacing all of the air filters with new ones.
After this process, the odor should be completely eliminated! Here at SERVPRO, we specialize in making it "Like it never even happened."