Understanding Stove Top Fires
The best advice that I can give if a fire occurs on your stove top is to remain calm and remember the following tips:
* Always have a lid close by that can be placed on a burning pot. Even a cookie sheet that covers the pot will work. If a fire occurs, cover the pot, then turn the stove off. Don't peek! Let it cool completely down.
* Do not pick up a burning pot. Dropped and spilled hot food and burning oil can cause serious and tragic burns.
* Do not put water on a burning pot. This can make things much worse.
* You can use a fire extinguisher, but only if you know how to. Did you ever read the instructions? Or look at the manufacturers video on how to use? You probably should before you ever have to use one. You could make things worse!
* If the fire is too big or for whatever reason you are unsure if it can be contained, then get everyone outside and call 911.
After the fire is out, call SERVPRO of Alamo Ranch at 210-670-9591 to walk the property with you and access the damage. Our team of professionals will help you restore your home and belongings and help you deal with insurance professionals.