If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (210) 670-9591

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Eliminate the risk of Carbon Monoxide

1/27/2020 (Permalink)

Glowing hot heater Glowing hot infrared heater

Taking some basic, precautionary steps can help eliminate the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Protect yourself by reviewing the following tips provided by the United States Fire Administration.

Have fuel burning appliances like oil and gas furnaces, gas or kerosene heaters, fireplaces, and wood stoves inspected by a trained professional every year.

Open the damper for proper ventilation before using a fireplace. Never use your oven or stovetop to heat your home.

Make sure all fuel burning equipment is vented to the outside to avoid CO poisoning. Keep the venting for exhaust clear and unblocked.

If you need to warm a vehicle, remove it from the garage immediately after starting it. Never run a vehicle or other fueling engine or motor indoors, even if garage doors are open. Make sure the exhaust of a running vehicle is not blocked with snow, ice, or other materials.

Make sure vents for the dryer, furnace, stove, and fireplace are clear of snow and other debris.

Only use barbeque grills outside, away from all doors, windows, vents, and other building openings. Some grills can produce CO gas. Never use grills inside the home or the garage, even if the doors are open.

Use portable generators outdoors in well ventilated areas away from all doors, windows, vents, and other building openings tpm prevent exhaust fumes from entering the home.

Please call SERVPRO® at 210-670-9591 for any questions or for service.

Source: Restoration Newsline Volume 31, Issue 1

Other News

View Recent Posts