Deep Frying Turkeys
This is the time of the year that we start thinking about the holidays and getting together with family and friends. A lot of people like to fry turkeys, so SERVPRO of Alamo Ranch would like to make you aware of some of the dangers involved.
Tips to help prevent deep fried turkey accidents:
* Keep outdoor fryers off of decks, out of garages and a safe distance away from trees and other structures.
* Make sure that the turkey is thawed and dry before cooking. Ice or water that mixes into the hot oil can cause flare ups.
* Watch the weather. Never operate a fryer outdoors in the rain or snow.
* Place the fryer on a level surface, and avoid moving it once it is in use.
* Leave 2 feet between the tank and the burner when using a propane-powered burner.
* Follow the manufacturer's instructions to avoid overfilling. Oil can ignite when it makes contact with the burner.
* Never leave fryers unattended.
We will continue our turkey fryer discussion in our next blog. If you need us for anything, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Alamo Ranch at 210-670-9591.
Source: State Farm®