Summer Storms-During and After
We have discussed what to do before the storm. The following are things to do or not do during and after the storm:
* Use your battery operated NOAA Weather Radio for updates from local officials.
* Avoid contact with corded phones. Cordless and cellular phones are safe to use.
* Avoid contact with electrical equipment or cords.
* Unplug appliances and other electrical items, such as computers. Power surges from lightning can cause serious damage.
* Avoid contact with plumbing. Plumbing and bathroom fixtures can conduct electricity.
* Stay away from windows and doors.
* Never drive through a flooded roadway.
* Stay away from storm damaged areas to keep from putting yourself at risk.
* Stay away from downed power lines and report them immediately.
When storms approach, please stay safe and if you need us for service or questions call the professionals at SERVPRO of Alamo Ranch at 210-670-9591.
Source: Restoration Newsline Volume 30, Issue 7
Tips provided by Federal Emergency Management Agency