Pre Vacation Checklist
SERVPRO of Alamo Ranch would like to share a Pre Vacation Checklist with all of our friends.
* Suspend mail and newspaper services
* Arrange for lawn care services while you are gone
* Install exterior lighting or motion detectors to deter burglars
* Wait to post vacation pictures on social media until you have returned home
* Check the batteries in home security devices, including motion detectors, cameras, and smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace if necessary
* Shut off the main water supply. If you would like to leave the water on for an automated sprinkler system then at least turn off the water supply to the dishwasher, washing machine, and to each toilet
* Switch your water heater to vacation mode or turn it off completely
* Set your thermostat to either 4 degrees above or below your normal temperature. For summer months, set the thermostat in the upper 70's. For winter months, set the thermostat in the upper 50's
* Prevent a power surge by unplugging your electronics or make sure they are plugged into a surge protector.
SERVPRO of Alamo Ranch hopes that this was helpful and if you ever need us please call us at 210-670-9591.
We are always here to help!