Mold Damage in San Antonio, Texas
Molds are found in every environment, and mold spores reproduce rapidly when moisture is present. An Institute of Medicine study found excessive dampness indoors encourages the growth of molds and other organisms, causing a public health problem. The EPA advised that the potential health concerns from molds are an important reason to prevent moisture problems leading to mold growth. It is especially important to clean up existing indoor mold growth to increase property appeal and retain its value. If a property has experienced a water intrusion, your SERVPRO Franchise Professional can inspect the damage to see whether moisture has penetrated materials or is allowing mold growth.
CONTROL MOISTURE - REDUCE MOLD
Prior to listing a property, the following steps can be taken to reduce the potential for moisture buildup or mold growth. Should a damage event occur, timely response is the key to preventing further damage - act within the first 24 to 48 hours.
* Correct any water leaks or standing water
* Remove standing water under cooling coils or air handling units
* Properly maintain humidifiers, if used
* Replace wet or visibly moldy insulation materials
* Steam cleaning and other methods involving moisture should not be used on any kind of duct work
* Install a ventilation system
If you have any questions about possible mold in your home or office, please give SERVPRO of Alamo Ranch at 210-670-9591. Let them know you read about us on the blog.